Paper Mario: The Jewel of Heart and Soul is an upcoming game for the Wii U and 3DS. The game is all in 2D. The game will be released in October 16, 2013 in Japan and USA, and March 29, 2014 in Europe and Australia. It includes a new villain named Lord Maximis. The game is going to be called The Legend of Paper Mario X, but it was too obvious to have it named. Due to the coloring on the words "Heart" and "Soul", it is possible that they are the references of the Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver games. It had two versions. In the 3DS version, it was called The Jewel of Heart while the Wii-U version was called The Jewel of Soul. There is the Battle Mode, where up to two players are able to play battles.
The back of the case includes information such as:
- "Head-to-head with two players or Wifi with Battle Mode!"
- "Who is this mysterious villain? You only know it when you play this game!" (indicating Lord Maximus' debut)
- "Featuring a guest partner!" (indicating the appearance of Kirby).
Mario receives an mail from Parakarry and informs that he and Luigi will go to Island Port city. The Brothers agree to go. Arriving at the Island Port city, a Bandit ran past the Mario Brothers, stating that he will use the bathroom to vomit because he is seasick. Mario was confused. Then he went over to the Island department and met a Goomba named Goomben, who searches for the legendary Jewel of Heart and Soul. He said that a mysterious hooligan took it and Mario will go help him. For now on, Mario will collect eight of the multicolored creatures called Pixies to restore the piece, while Bowser will stop them from getting them troubled!
- Luigi (Intermission)
- Peach (Intermission)
- Any selectable partner (shown below, Battle Mode only)
- Goomben (A Goomba; Tattle ability)
- Dr. Koopert (A Koopa; Mario can launch him at switches or distant objects to hit them or retrieve them.)
- Robbie (A Bandit; Can scan out any type of item)
- Boonita (A Boo; Can make herself and Mario invisible)
- Bombert (A Bob-Omb; Can blow up walls and stuff)
- Talen (A Rex; Mario can ride her faster and jumps across the gaps)
- Kirby (Another Nintendo mascot; optional after completing Chapter 4; Can make Mario hold onto him to fly across gaps like Talen did.)
- Boom Boom and Pom Pom
- Green Virus
- King Boo
- King Bob-omb (from Super Mario 64)
- Torkskrew (from Mario & Luigi: Dream Team)
- Darktail Dragon
- Lord Maximis
- Bowser Jr.
- Bowser and Bowser Jr.
- Lord Maximis (2nd time)
- Super Maximis
Optional Bosses (After beating every Chapter)Edit
More to come!